rad little puzzler!! <3 any shot at a list view icon for the launcher?
Loopsy for Playdate
A downloadable game
The goal of the game is simple. Create as many loops as you can before the board fills up or the timer expires. The pieces get harder and the timer speeds up the more loops you make!
⭐ KEY FEATURES ⭐
- 4 Wholesome game modes
- 50 Original levels
- 5 Groovy tunes
- A luxurious dark mode
- Riveting gameplay stats
- Trendy online leaderboards
✦ GAME MODES ✦
- Arcade : Go for a high score in this timeless classic
- Blitz : Score as many points as you can in 60 seconds
- Puzzle : Test your memory in a series of levels
- Zen : Chill out and create loops on a larger board without a timer
✦ CONTROLS ✦
- A Button : Place piece
- B Button : Rotate piece
- D-Pad : Move piece
- Crank : Rotate piece ( optional )
✦ GAME TIPS ✦
- Long, curvy loops score more points.
- Every 9 loops grants an extra life.
- You won't lose a life for not using the eraser.
- Avoid pieces facing the edge of the board (they can't complete loops).
- Avoid leaving 2-tile gaps (there aren't any 2-tile pieces).
- Bonus points are awarded for back-to-back loops, clearing the screen or loops that fill the entire board (good luck with that one, lol).
- Level 9 is the max level.
- Are you still reading this? Go download the game, it's FREE!
✦ LEAVE A REVIEW ✦
You can rate the game on itch by clicking the button on the top-right corner of the page (desktop browsers) which only takes a few seconds and really helps out!
✦ CREDITS ✦
The design was inspired by the 1989 game Loopz, with new music by Eric Matyas.
✦ AVAILABLE ON CATALOG ✦
Loopsy is also available on Catalog if you prefer to support the game there.
✦ DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS ✦
Click here for instructions on how to sideload the game to your Playdate game system. You can also run the game in the Simulator (PC / macOS) if you don't have a device.
❤ THANK YOU! ❤
And finally, thank you for checking out Loopsy. If you enjoy the game, please share and leave a comment below.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 1.3 (New Levels)Nov 03, 2022
- Version 1.2 (Leaderboards)Aug 09, 2022
- Scoring SystemJul 28, 2022
- Version 1.1 (Blitz Mode)Jul 22, 2022
- Loopsy Released!Jul 16, 2022
- Arcade ModeJul 15, 2022
- Puzzle ModeJul 13, 2022
- Zen ModeJul 12, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Ah you know what, I added one for the Catalog release but haven't updated the itch build. I'll try to get around to it!
This game felt like an immediate classic, like "oh this must have been around for ever or be based on a really popular, old game". What a great idea! I was going to come here and say it deserves to be in Catalog, and lo and behold!
Congrats on getting on Catalog. IS there any difference between this version and the catalog version (for instance does it have online leaderboards?)
Thanks! Currently the versions are very similar. That may change going forward, but they both share the same QR code-based online leaderboards.
Dans mon bestof playdate games. Merci au dev pour le suivi
I think I spent more time in this game than in any game for Playdate so far.
TBH it might be a good additional mode to add in: no turning and maybe 1.5x move time?
Regardless this is one of the top tier Playdate games i've played!
I think you're the first to share a video. Looks great! And thanks for the feedback, too :)
This is a really brilliant game — thanks for resurrecting it. Presentation and controls are top notch with some great music. Hoping that this becomes to the PlayDate what Tetris was for the GB. Excellent work.
Great game! Perfect for the playdate. :)